Spartan Spotlight

Alice Gorbet – CI Teacher of the Year

2013 - 2014 Central Intermediate Teacher of the Year

Central Intermediate staff selected 5th Grade Teacher Alice Gorbet as the 2013 – 2014 CI Teacher of the Year.

Alice Gorbet joined the Bixby Public School system in 1991 where she began teaching grades third through sixth in the Title 1 Reading program and currently teaches fifth grade at Central Intermediate.  She is a member of the Oklahoma Education Association as well the Bixby Education Association and as held several positions in various committees within her current school as well as the school system.  Alice currently holds the position as Interim Principal at Central Intermediate while maintaining a classroom of 45 children.

Prior to joining the Bixby Public School system, Alice taught second grade for the Broken Arrow Public School system for nine years and prior to Broken Arrow, she taught the fifth and sixth grades for the Glenpool Public School system for three years.

Alice graduated from Bixby High School in 1972.  She then attended Oklahoma State University where she received a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education in 1977.  She then furthered her education at Northeastern State University, receiving a Masters Degree, specializing in Reading in 1986. 

Alice has taught for 34 years, two years were dedicated to full time substituting for Broken Arrow Public School and Bixby Public School respectively for two years, bringing her career of teaching education to 36 years.

Jimme Beth Hefner, who has taught with Ms. Gorbet for 10 years, said, “Alice is always there and has my back no matter what the situation.  She is trustworthy, reliable, unique, and very special.”  5th grade teacher, Shauna Platt said, “Alice has been such a great mentor to me and I am thankful for the opportunity to learn from her.”  Another 5th grade teacher, Dr. Delana McManus said, “Ms. Gorbet is always willing to share any of her lessons and curriculum books.  She is very helpful.”

• Central Intermediate

CI: Mornings with Mom

• Alice Gorbet – CI Teacher of the Year

Central Intermediate

CI: Celebrating School Counselors’ Week

• Alice Gorbet – CI Teacher of the Year

Central Intermediate

CI: Friendship Students of the Month

• Alice Gorbet – CI Teacher of the Year

Central Intermediate

CI: Boxtop Painting

• Alice Gorbet – CI Teacher of the Year

Central Intermediate

CI: National Geography Bee Winner

• Central Intermediate

CI: Tulsa Hyundai Honors Mrs. Moriarty

• Central Intermediate

CI: 5th Grade Biographies

• Central Intermediate

CI: First Semester Awards Assembly

• Alice Gorbet – CI Teacher of the Year

Central Intermediate

CI: Dedication Students of the Month

• Central Intermediate

CI: Jingle Bell Jam Success

Bixby Public School's news hotspot
Alice Gorbet – CI Teacher of the Year