Bixby Public School's news hotspot

Spartan Spotlight

CI: Happy birthday Caleb!

“I have this theory that if one person will go out of their way to show compassion, then it will start a chain reaction.” – Rachel Joy Scott

Today at CI, we had yet another example of this chain reaction when a group of 6th graders decided to help celebrate one of their special classmates with a birthday celebration. Beau Hopkins, Eddie Abarca, Diego Martinez, and Shay Pool, with the guidance of Mrs. Moriarty, planned a surprise for their friend, Caleb Corley, by setting a goal to raise $450 to buy the Nintendo Switch that Caleb has coveted for a while. Not only did they raise the money (which Caleb donated to not knowing it was a surprise for him!), but they exceeded the goal due to the generosity of the CI student body.

At Tuesday’s Spartan Start Up, the boys had the gym and hall to the gym decorated and gifts wrapped. Caleb came into the gym with Mrs. Shaw and was presented with a birthday hat and asked to sit in the celebration chair to watch a video that Ms. Owens and the 6th grade students made with many of the students wishing him a happy birthday and delivering messages of gratitude to Caleb for brightening our day with his smile and kind words. Then they rolled out two large gifts. When Caleb opened the gifts, he was very excited and couldn’t wait to get home and play his new Mario Kart 8 game that the boys also purchased with the extra money. Doc’s Country Mart also donated two large cakes for the 6th grade students to enjoy as they had a grade level celebration of their friend. Yard Love also donated a happy birthday message that was displayed outside our building. CI PTO also donated balloons and a goodie box.

We hope you will join us in wishing Caleb a happy birthday and extend your appreciation to Beau, Eddie, Diego, and Shay, as well as the businesses that helped make his 12th birthday so special. Again, the compassion and generosity of our students continues to amaze us each day.

Bixby Public School's news hotspot
CI: Happy birthday Caleb!